UPDATED 1/3/2022 @ 8:30am
To protect the health and safety of all Pitt United participants, the below guidelines will be followed while participating in a Pitt United sponsored event:
If your child has tested positive for COVID-19:
- Your child must quarantine for a minimum of 5 days from the date of their positive test. If they are asymptomatic or their symptoms are resolving (without fever for 24 hours) after their quarantine they may return. After their 5 day quarantine, players must then follow the quarantine by an additional 5 days of mask wearing to all Pitt United functions and activities regardless of practice venue or vaccination status.
- Your child must be symptom free from a major cough or fever for 24 hours.
If your child is a close contact and she is vaccinated:
- If your child is symptom free, she may isolate from the positive exposure and return to volleyball providing proof of vaccination to the club.
- If your child has symptoms, you should assume she is positive. Your child can be tested on day 5 from exposure and return to volleyball if negative.
If your child is a close contact and has not been vaccinated:
- Your child may isolate and return to volleyball after 10 days from exposure if she remains symptom free.
- OR your child may isolate and test after 5 days from the exposure. If negative, your child may return to volleyball with a negative result.
Please continue to talk to your daughter about their health and how they are feeling. If they are not feeling well or showing any signs/symptoms of COVID-19, they should excuse themselves from practice/s and or activities as a precautionary measure.
As a reminder, any tournament that is canceled due to COVID-19 illnesses within the team will not be replaced as reimbursements are not provided to the club for this reason of a withdrawal.
With your help and commitment to these recommendations, I am confident we can overcome this together and have a wonderful season ahead!
ADDITIONAL PITT UNITED RECOMMENDATIONS
In order to participate, self assess BEFORE coming to the gym.
Conduct and complete your own personal self-assessment. Please do not come if you are exhibiting symptoms or have been exposed to COVID-19 within the last 14 days.
- Difficulty breathing
- Fever (100.4 or above)
- Sore throat
- Loss of taste or smell
As a reminder, please see the below instructions:
Prior to start time and upon your arrival:
- All athletes must enter the court while wearing their masks and they can change shoes, leave their gear at the back of the court/ or just outside the entrance of the gymnasium.
- ONLY athletes are permitted to enter the practice facility. Parents must remain in their car. They can wait in the parking lot or leave and return on time for pickup. If parents absolutely need to come into the facility, they MUST wear a face mask.
The below will be implemented during our regular scheduled practices:
- Coaches and athletes 6 ft apart from others.
- No high fives or handshakes.
- Mask to be worn at all times.
- Coaches will also wear masks during coaching.
- Hand sanitizing when arriving and leaving the court.
- Volleyballs will be provided, pre-sanitized, sanitized throughout the practice and at the end of practice.
USA Volleyball has issued a list of protective actions they recommend you take. Those recommendations are the following:
- Most importantly, if you have a respiratory illness or fever, please stay home.
- Get a flu vaccine.
- Avoid contact with sick people (if you’re sick, limit contact with others).
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your nose and mouth with something disposable (like a tissue) when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
- Clean frequently touched items (cell phones, airplane seating area -tray table, screens, windows, armrests, air vents, etc.)
- Clean your hands often by washing them with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at 60%–95% alcohol. Soap and water should be used if hands are visibly dirty.
- It is especially important to clean hands after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after coughing, sneezing or blowing your nose.
- Bring extra hand sanitizer with you to all events
HELP US STOP THE SPREAD OF COVID-19!
We ask that you error on the side of caution if you are unsure if you should/shouldn’t attend a Pitt United Practice/Event!