To protect the health and safety of all Pitt United participants, the below guidelines will be followed while participating in a Pitt United sponsored event:
ALL PARTICIPANTS, COACHES, AND SPECTATORS MUST WEAR A MASK AT ALL TIMES
(INCLUDING DURING TRAINING AND MATCHES)
In order to participate, you MUST Self Assess BEFORE coming to the gym.
Conduct and complete your own personal self-assessment. Please do not come if you are exhibiting symptoms or have been exposed to COVID-19 within the last 14 days.
- Difficulty breathing
- Fever (100.4 or above)
- Sore throat
- Loss of taste or smell
As a reminder, please see the below instructions:
Prior to start time and upon your arrival:
- Athletes must have their temperatures taken by Pitt United staff, and proceed to alongside the court while wearing a mask.
- All athletes must enter the court while wearing their masks and they can change shoes, leave their gear at the back of the court/ or just outside the entrance of the gymnasium.
- ONLY athletes are permitted to enter the practice facility. Parents must remain in their car. They can wait in the parking lot or leave and return on time for pickup. If parents absolutely need to come into the facility, they MUST wear a face mask.
The below will be implemented during our regular scheduled practices:
- Coaches and athletes 6 ft apart from others.
- No high fives or handshakes.
- Mask to be worn at all times.
- Coaches will also wear masks during coaching.
- Hand sanitizing when arriving and leaving the court.
- Volleyballs will be provided, pre-sanitized, sanitized throughout the practice and at the end of practice.
USA Volleyball has issued a list of protective actions they recommend you take. Those recommendations are the following:
- Most importantly, if you have a respiratory illness or fever, please stay home.
- Get a flu vaccine.
- Avoid contact with sick people (if you’re sick, limit contact with others).
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your nose and mouth with something disposable (like a tissue) when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
- Clean frequently touched items (cell phones, airplane seating area -tray table, screens, windows, armrests, air vents, etc.)
- Clean your hands often by washing them with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at 60%–95% alcohol. Soap and water should be used if hands are visibly dirty.
- It is especially important to clean hands after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after coughing, sneezing or blowing your nose.
- Bring extra hand sanitizer with you to all events
HELP US STOP THE SPREAD OF COVID-19!
We ask that you error on the side of caution if you are unsure if you should/shouldn’t attend a Pitt United Practice/Event!